The Pint Jockeys tastings are back with an impressive lineup and room for surprises
It’s only Wednesday, but with our Pint Jockeys tasting events happening tomorrow evening, Thursday will feel more like Friday than ever! And it’s a good thing too, because after a couple of weeks of rain, we’re ready to get out and enjoy some delicious brew!
For the July event, we’re featuring a few of our rich, sometimes sweet, brews and ciders. Including….
- Woodchuck Fall Limited Release – Inspired by the Green Mountains that surround Woodchuck cidery, this special limited release features notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and a hint of American white oak. The results are a unique, not-too-sweet cider for all to enjoy.
- Sierra Nevada Ovila Dubbel – Clear and deep copper in color, this Abbey Dubbel has a complex and rich malty sweetness with hints of caramelized sugar. The aroma is a heady and layered mix of fruit and spice with hints of clove, raisin and black pepper from the use of an abbey-style yeast.
- Magic Hat Elder Betey – A golden haze for a summer’s daze. Elder Betty is a weiss-style ale with a bready malt flavor, balanced by a touch of hops and complemented by the tart berry flavors of elderberry.
- Southern Star Walloon – This Belgian-style grisette is brewed to be the lightest in the Southern Star lineup. It’s a farmhouse style ale with a Belgian witbier and Belgian tripel. While it may be light, the added clove and noble hops ensure it’s not without flavor.
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Cans – This pale ale has a deep, amber color and an exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. And now, Sierra Nevada’s most popular beer is available in 12-packs of 12-ounce cans! Take your favorite beer anywhere without scarifying great taste, quality or craftsmanship.
Now, that’s a pretty strong lineup on its own, but don’t be surprised if you find a couple of surprises, too.
Want to join? By now you should know the drill but for those of you who are new to the site, here’s a few things you should know: The Pint Jockeys tastings are free, open to public ages 21 and older, held at the Del Papa Distributing Centers in Texas City, Beaumont and Victoria and take place from 5-7 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month. Did we mention they’re free?!
Can’t think of a better reason to try some new craft brews with a few new friends. So, join us! Let us know you’re coming by RSVPing on Facebook.
Hope to see you there!