Texas City and Victoria events to feature summer vacation selections; Beaumont to honor Saint Arnold
Today marks the official first day of summer, Pint Jockeys! And while we’ve been experiencing the brutal Texas summer heat since May, we’ll look for any reason to celebrate, and the official first day of summer is reason enough for us.
In honor of such a festive occasion, we’re here to tell you about our June tasting events, taking place in Victoria, Texas City and Beaumont tomorrow, Thursday, June 21. As always, the tasting events are free and open to anyone 21 and older and will take place in each distribution center’s hospitality room from 5-7 p.m.
The tastings in Victoria and Texas City will feature a great lineup from brewers located in top travel destinations in the U.S. and abroad, including Costa Rica, Portland and Hawaii, just in time to plan your summer vacation.
Here’s what you’ve got to look forward to:
- Kona Longboard Island Lager – Travel to Hawaii with Kona’s Longboard Island Lager, a smooth refreshing lager fermented and aged for five weeks at cold temperatures to yield its exceptionally smooth flavor. A delicate, slightly spicy hop aroma complements the malty body of this beer.
- Kona Wailua Wheat – The plunging cascade of clear water of Hawaii’s Wailua Falls is the inspiration for the Limited Release Wailua Wheat Ale. This golden, sun colored ale has a bright, citrus flavor that comes from the tropical passion fruit brewed into each batch. Sit back, relax and enjoy paradise anytime.
- Redhook Longhammer IPA – Sample an IPA from Seattle. The generous addition of hops both during and at the end of the fermentation process (dry-hopping) gives the Redhook Longhammer its characteristic bitterness and piney citrus aroma and flavor. The medium body, crisp finish, and moderate alcohol and IBU levels makes this one of America’s most drinkable and best-selling IPAs.
- Redhook Wit – Redhook’s twist on the Belgian style is the addition of fresh ginger, which adds a refreshing snappiness to this lighter-bodied wheat beer. Redhook Wit is perfect for warm summer months of outdoor BBQ-ing, sitting by the pool, or just enjoying a rainy day inside watching old re-runs of Gilligan’s Island.
- Widmer Citra Blonde – Citra hops lend their name to this Portland interpretation of a golden ale. But that’s not all they bring to the party. Their striking citrus aroma and thirst-quenching flavor are the perfect pairing for soft malt notes. Together they create a beer that’s full in flavor and uniquely refreshing.
- Magic Hat #9 – Not quite a pale ale, this elixir is impossible to describe and is a brew “cloaked in secrecy.” The mysterious ale is dry, crisp and fruity, and there is nothing quite like it. Cascade and Apollo hops with pale, crystal malts make the unique brew quite magical.
Pint Jockeys’ June Beer of the Month, Imperial combines a balance of malt, grains and hops to create an extremely refreshing beer. Heading to the beach just got a little easier; this Costa Rican brew can now be enjoyed in 12oz cans, so it’s also welcome in locations where our bottled favorites can’t go.
More interested in a staycation? Our Beaumont event will feature some of our Saint Arnolds favorites, including: Saint Arnold Summer Pils, Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower, Saint Arnold Weedwacker, Saint Arnold Santo, Saint Arnold Amber Ale, Saint Arnold Elissa and the Saint Arnold Endeavor. Plus, Saint Arnold’s beer aficionado Lennie Ambrose will make a special appearance to sample selections, answer questions and talk brew with our fellow Pint Jockeys.
Check out our official Facebook event for the full details and and RSVP while you’re there! After you leave your tasting, be sure to come back here and let us know which beer was your favorite.
Hope to see you there!