It’s time for our favorite monthly happy hour – the Pint Jockeys tasting events in Beaumont, Victoria and NOW Texas City. If you didn’t catch last week’s blog, we’re moving the Galveston tasting event to Del Papa’s new Coastal Distribution Center on the mainland. The building is in the final stages of construction, so this month’s event will take place patio-side, adjacent to the Hospitality Room.
To help us celebrate the move, Islander by Choice will be on site all evening selling tickets to the upcoming Galveston Beach Revue! Make sure to stop by and grab tickets to the “Bands & Bombshells” event on May 18 featuring live music from the Gourds and John Evans band and brews from Southern Star Brewery happening!
As always, all of our free tasting events are open to those ages 21 and up and will take place from 5-7p.m.
- Shock Top Lemon Shandy – Shock Top Lemon Shandy is a unique blend of refreshing and smooth wheat beer perfectly complemented by spices and natural lemonade flavor. This recently released seasonal brew by Shock Top is available through the end of July.
- Saint Arnold Summer Pils – Saint Arnold’s bohemian-style pilsner is crisp and refreshing with a delicate, sweet German malt taste complemented by an abundant hop aroma and flavor. The seasonal brew is available May through August and is perfect for a hot summer day.
- Rahr & Sons Bucking Bock – The Pint Jockeys’ April Beer of the Month (BOTM) is the golden-colored Bucking Bock, a traditional German spring bock beer. The award-winning bock has a smooth malty character and is available through April.
- Sierra Nevada Hoptimum – This whole-cone imperial IPA is aggressively hopped and carries layers of a bold aroma featuring notes of grapefruit rind, rose, lilac, cedar, and tropical fruit culminating in a dry and lasting finish.
- Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale – Rogue Ales has collided with Voodoo Doughnut to create Bacon Maple Ale! This unique artisan creation of various smoked malts contains a baker’s dozen number of ingredients including bacon and maple syrup from one of Voodoo’s signature doughnuts.
In addition to the above selections, visitors to our Beaumont tasting will have the opportunity to enjoy Sierra Nevada Summerfest:
- Sierra Nevada Summerfest – Summerfest is a refreshing, pilsner-style and is incredibly smooth. The crisp, light ale will quench your thirst with its big aroma and tangy hob bite and is a perfect summertime treat.
And Victoria and Texas City event-goers can sample:
- New Belgium Shift – The lightly-hopped pale lager is dedicated to the New Belgium employee-owners who work in shifts to brew world-class beers. Enjoy this brew crafted from Target, Nelson Sauvin, Liberty and Cascade hops after a long day of work or play.
All of the spring and summer brews are sure to be delicious, but we have to give a special shout out to the April BOTM. Be sure to try the Rahr & Sons Bucking Bock and let us know what you think!
For exact locations, visit the event page on Facebook and don’t forget to RSVP while you’re there.
See you tomorrow!